It’s finally done! Took me a month since I pushed it aside to work on Halloween costumes, but since that’s finished it was time to close out this project.
Ok, now before anybody gives me a hard time about it, yes, I do wear pleather pants to play with my kids. Can you name another fabric that wipes entirely clean with a wet paper towel? Yeah, I didn’t think so.
I love how this turned out. I still say that whoever named this a “dress” is on crack, and that between the hip-high gather at the bottom and the open, none-too-high neckline, if you attempt to wear it without a top and some kind of leggings/shorts/pants underneath it, you’d best be trying to flash somebody. That being said, the fit is really flattering and comfortable.
As long as it took me, this wasn’t a hard piece to make (except for tracing the pattern of course). I actually didn’t use my serger at all on this one, as there were only two or three seams I even could have used it for. I almost exclusively used my sewing machine with a double needle. I’m really pleased with how the edge finishing turned out. It seems that a seam allowance of 1 cm, sewn with the double needle works absolutely perfectly to trap the unfinished edge underneath and make everything look exceptionally clean.
You know the drill, if you have any questions about how I did any of this, let me know! I’m always happy to help.