I haven’t shared much sewing on the blog lately. It hasn’t been because I haven’t been sewing, but because I’ve mostly been sewing things you guys have already seen.
My lavender sachets have been hanging out in my closets and pantries for a while now, and were losing their potency, so I decided it was time for some new ones.
I decided to use some of my
fabric. I had some extra swatches kicking around that hadn’t made it onto my board for Quilt Market
for one reason or another (color change, scale change, ect) and decided that rather than keeping them around, rolled up and not seen, I’d make them into pretties for myself. This is my Iris Dot pattern, in the Frosted colorway.
The other sewing I’ve been doing has mostly been working on prototypes for aerial clothing.
I’ve been making a large percentage of my own stuff, and quite a few of the instructors have been enviously eyeing my leos and shorts, and encouraging me to make some for them to buy.
Now, since I’ve got a lot of other irons in the fire, I may not exactly take off with a full out spandex empire
, but I figured that standardizing the patterns I’m using can do nothing but save me time in the future when I go to make my own…and, if I crank out a couple to sell, it’s only a bonus. So, lots and lots of pairs of tiny shorts to go over leggings, and a couple new leos
to work out the exact fit of the leg holes and get the neckline where I want it.
Lots of sewing, but not much to show off!