G’s wardrobe was seeming a little thin this summer. Once we hit the stretches of consistent heat, it seemed like he never had enough shorts to make it more than a few days. As a result, I sewed him up a couple of new pairs.
That second pair was made for a performance we went to at the aerial gym that was “Midsummer” themed, and that impish grin is awful appropriate, since, after I finished the shorts, I found that he had MORE than enough shorts, and the reason he never seemed to have any was because he was changing 3-4 times a day…every time he so much as dripped a bit of water on himself. Oy.
R also got an outfit for the performance:
I used the same basic idea I did with the tshirt for G’s Batman pajamas and clipped out some images from a sample of Spoonflower’s new microsuede before stitching around the edges.
G’s shorts were both made with the basic sleep short pattern, but I added patch pockets, trimmed with bias tape made from leftover Batman fabric, to the blue pair after he expressed disappointment the green shorts were pocket free.
He’s a tyrant, that G.